Infolink

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Serena’s Serving Was Unbelievable – Kerber

Angelique Kerber

Germany’s Angelique Kerber has revealed that she was stunned at Serena Williams’s serving, describing it as ‘unbelievable’
“I went out there today to win the match. I tried everything… but Serena was serving unbelievable today,” said Australian Open champion Kerber, who had blocked the American’s path to a 22nd slam title in January’s Melbourne Park final.
“I played my best so what else could I do? She really played an unbelievable match. She’s a great opponent, a great person, a great champion,” said the fourth seed.
“I had one break point and I couldn’t do anything,” said the 28-year-old, who was seeking to become the first German woman to win the title since her idol Graf 20 years ago.
“She was just going for it. She’s a tough opponent when she’s playing like today.”
“I’m proud about what I did (at Wimbledon), especially after (what happened in) Paris,” said Kerber who will rise to a career-high second in the world when the new rankings are released on Monday.
“I know I have the game, all the experience to win a few more grand slams. I know how to get here. I hope that I will reach a few more finals and maybe win a few more grand slams.”
So having had the best seat in the house as Williams made history, did she think she could one day dominate the game like the American?
“It’s tough to follow in her footsteps. I’m going my own way. It’s one of my goals one day to be the number one… but it’s still a long way (away). For now, it’s just a great feeling to be in my second grand slam final.”

No comments:

Post a Comment