Infolink

Friday, May 13, 2016

Chronicles of a Runs Girl: episode 1


It‘s 3.42 am in the morning and its’ two days after my supposed wedding. Sleep is the last thing on my mind right now. With all these pain and trauma my family is going through: questions without answers, curses being rained, prayers being offered and all sorts, the truth is my family and I are in pains for my acts of old, reflecting in the present. When you read this I might have taken all the poisons close to me and died. I can’t stand this. There is no remedy for me. I have messed up so well that even pastors know I can’t revive the personality that I today destroyed. I don’t know if God can forgive me and I’m sure magazines like hints and hearts would carry my news. I’m really ruined.

With this title, it’s obvious I’ve had sex in return for money or favours which is called prostitution, but I’m not like every other prostitute. I feel like talking about this, because right now, I’m regretting what I did sometimes ago. The trend was changing and we followed suit like a sheep led to a slaughter. Tasting the fruits not ripe enough for us, in the quest for riches we had no reason to posses: Runz was sweet, I swear, it places you in a euphoric stand of being higher than your mates. Which in reality, it’s just a stand on a crash.



We all felt the university was inside the town when writing jamb, I didn’t know gwagwalada was a little far from town. University of Abuja was my dream, because I wanted senators and minister’s children to be my colleagues. It was easy for me to gain admission due to my background. We were good Christians, but not rigid in exposures. My admission was greeted with no accommodation, thus off campus was the result. My first boyfriend was a corper and his name is Bright. Bright is really bright. He is not so much of a fine boy, but dare not listen to him talk. All he has in his life is scopes. He can deceive an old woman to feel 20. Bright can convince the dead that living is better. He built the world around him with so many fallacies that nothing was real about him. A Warri boy with four different accents can beat anybody to the test. I spent seven months under the influence of Bright, giving in all I had in return for nothing but his dick.

I’ll bring food stuffs to his house in the name they’ve not paid salary. Cook with my money in expectations of a pay back. I was really just being naive. He thought me how to smoke, not because he loves me but for me to always buy benson when I’m coming in the name of “we do it together”. He tried introducing weed, which I rejected but I learnt it later.

It was their passing out and he was always going to town for clearance, he wasn’t so much in gwagwalada again. The university of Abuja environment could be boring some times, thus an invitation to Abuja city always seems you are going to Dubai.

Helen’s elder brother’s birthday started the whole thing. The brother has just being appointed as a special assistant to a minister and we were there to celebrate. I was approached by men who are old enough to be my father, and in all surprises started calling me baby. I played with them in a view of association. With champagnes rolling in trays, I lost sight of Helen due to highness. I woke up in the middle of the night due to the fondling of my breast. I thought it was Bright and when I knew he wasn’t the one, I had not so much strength to resist so I gave in. the man left pretty early the next morning, dropping his card for me and I promised to call him which I didn’t do anyway. He gave me a parting gift of 50000 naira that morning. I was surprised and wasn’t sure he wasn’t using me for rituals. How can you just give me fifty thousand naira, when my boyfriend that enjoys this, on a most daily basis, cannot give me ten percent of that?


I called Helen and told her what happened and she said I must give her part of the money, which I willingly did. She asked me if I enjoyed myself, and the yes flew out of my mouth. This was just the beginning.


Two days later, Bright was back with his demeaning lies again, building castles with his tongues. Baby please when coming buy food, benson and pure water and the hiss from my side of the phone, made him know something was wrong. I was trying out some new stuff with Helen that morning, when bright entered my house. He asked me where I got the clothes from, and I told him my parents were still alive: a line Helen thought me before he came. I accused him of being too stingy and that I’m no longer interested. I have a new boyfriend Bright, and he is on his way to pick me. I don’t want him to meet you here. So what are you saying he asked? Please leave my house, I’ll see you when I come back.

The next trip was to a club house. After eating fish at Ibiza garden we ended it up at ‘A LOUNGE’. The room was dark with sparkling disco lights roaming around. We danced a while, and it was another turn to make fifty thousand naira just for opening my legs. I showered immediately I got to the hotel room and gave in everything. Tony gave me a perfume, a t shirt, and $300. He just came back from Canada. I wondered if these guys, who never knew me for long, could shower me with these kinds of gifts and that idiot called Bright could be begging to come back this much; it means there is something about my DOWNSTAIRS. I must keep it a tool and then the work began…….

Like us on facebook to keep up with the next episode
By
Oluwole Ijasan

No comments:

Post a Comment