Infolink

Monday, January 8, 2018

POEM: The mask by Glory Ibezim


                             Glory Ibezim

THE MASK


The world says I'm beautiful. 
They judged me by my pretty face and therefore considered me as one without flaws.
 My smiles always attracted people, my words heal the broken hearted.
 I'm just surprised that they didn't notice I was hurt and needed love.
 My heart is fragile, my body is weak yet I claimed to be strong.
 I'm like a mask and behind it there's a face and behind a story.
 Why do I still insist on wearing this mask? 
I have worn it for so long that I forgot who was beneath it.
 Now I ask do they love me or the mask I wear everyday. 
I heard the mask can change only when those who worn it have a different perception about themselves, so what's holding me back?
 I am suffering but no one knows that's because I hide them in a place deep inside, the last thing I want is pity.
 The things I kept to myself killed me a million times. Hiding the hurt, hiding the pain.
 My skin is on fire, I burn from within.
 I've built up a wall so the world must stay out.
 Loneliness consumes me. 
I patiently sit hoping and waiting for someone to see I wear a mask and care enough to remove it.
 Nobody knows what you're going through but He does.
 The door to a new world is open, it is within you. 
He wants to build you up. 
Give Him a chance. Dry your eyes, everything will be okay.
 Just take off the mask.


2 comments: