Infolink

Friday, March 3, 2017

FIFTEEN NOT TEEN BY NZEOCHA CHIDOZIE : EPISODE: TWO



“I vowed within me never to have anything intimate with anyone. Even if am to reconsider definitely not with a married man na….”she stated. Looking at the man’s confession about me being decent…oh! How I wish it lasted. “Can I tell you one virtue you should have as a person?” “Yes tell us they answered.”- “learn to be conservative, keep most things to you” she stated. I have kept this and many more to myself not until now that I had to let it out so that you will know my good side and put them into consideration while judging me when you hear my bad side.There is a saying “one cannot be good from head to toe” but please do not use that as a leverage to living a wayward life, she added.
Talking about myself outside my curves, I was among the best two bright students in my high school days. I won several awards in academics and neatness. I cannot fail to tell you that some of our male teachers had eyes on me, not forgetting our Chemistry Teacher, that often tells me he would love to get married to me. He was always filled with stories but at the same time scared whether I would tell anybody about his persistence on having me; not knowing that maturity is of the mind not the age.

 I finished my high school as the best graduating student. I wrote jamb and qualified for the university screening test. For the screening test, I went two days earlier to the date for easy acquaintance and arrangement which was a success. The ugly part of my life stated coming to lime light on my way back from the neighbouring state, the day after my screening test. Almost at the boundary of my residing state and choice of school state, we were stopped by six men robbery squad. They shot in the air sporadically and pointed their guns on our incoming vehicle. Our driver had no other choice than to apply his breaks. We were ordered to come down which we did with our faces on the ground. I was spotted by one of the gang member who could not resist what he saw when he ordered me to stand up. Three of the rubbers were taking valuables from the passengers while the other three took it in turns in raping me. The third guy was about taking his turn before I noticed I had a change of clothing when I woke up on drip in the hospital. I was really looking ragamuffin according to the report when I was brought in for medical treatment. The last I could remember before I went unconscious was the call that came on my phone and it was from my Dad. I knew he was the one because I gave him a special ringtone in my phone. It was right there at the hospital that I overheard my Dad telling someone that when he called me, someone picked it and said to him “Mr. Man this your daughter carry scatter ooh…, abeg if you get another one bring am for us now…”. I said to myself they knew it was my Dad because I saved his number with “Daddy”. My Parents never spared any minute without thanking God that their daughter is still alive.
I know you will say that life was unfair to me but this was not even the worst of it all.
So many medical tests were carried out on me. Antibiotics and intensive care were really given to me.
The most shocking of all to my Parents was not that I was raped but that I have been diagnosed of “HIV and AIDS” according to the doctor. What are you thinking at this point? That the rubbers got me infected? If that is your thought, no problem but that is opposite of the truth. Yes! I am the original carrier and donor.
Medically, it would not have reached this stage if actually I contacted it from the Gang. Moreover, it was barely two days of the rape incident and I was two weeks pregnant too,  according to the Doctor.
My mum almost gave up when she got the report. The big question now is, who is responsible? Two mighty strikes - two weeks pregnancy and infection. I felt like the ground should open and consume me up.

Did you miss episode 1 click here to read episode 1

 NZEOCHA CHIDOZIE {PIN-D89282EB} {08086693995-TEXT ONLY}



No comments:

Post a Comment