Infolink

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Campus series: Silent Doom with Mr Lecturer part 2



Mr. Lecturer was so nice at first I loved his person but the end justifies the means they say, that was exactly our case. There is a peculiar problem with our university system; lecturers act as if they are members of the same cult against the students. If a particular student has a problem with a lecturer, and the student is planning to take the case up, all lecturers rally around their colleague to save his face.

The other incident was in my department. We had a departmental course, and the foundation of sociology was what we were being taught. It was also an introduction class, and the old Mr Adewumi was about deviating from what he was supposed to be teaching, into something else because of the way I walked into the class. I knew my skirt was short that day, and the way my ass got big lately was hmmmm…… My breast was acting ready for all actions; I knew I’ll turn my dad’s head if I wasn’t his daughter. Mr. Adewumi automatically became interested in me. Social science lecturers are the worst in the university system. It was a lecture on sociological imagination. A Charles Wright mill was the image maker of this concept and the way Mr Adewumi broke it down was passionate. We all knew university was different from secondary school. He asked for attendance which we all had to sign in his office thus he created another time to see me. Mr. Adewumi asked over five times if I understood what he taught and yes was my reply. I really understood.

The 1st semester went on like that till three weeks to exams. Mr. Osagie came back with his threatening approach. Ijeoma Bello, Ijeoma Bello, Ijeoma Bello……. Mr. Osagie is calling you. The hostel started suspecting I had something to do with the man. He had sent a classmate of mine to call me from the hostel on a Saturday. What the hell is he doing on a Saturday? Reluctantly I crawled out of my bed, and made my way to the department. Dressed as casual as I could, but the beauty cannot be hidden; I proceeded to meet Mr Lecturer.

He was sipping a glass of juice and writing some questions on his laptop. After ushering me to sit down, and locking the door, he turned his laptop for me to see what he was doing. He was compiling questions for our exams. I felt like closing my eyes but I got a glimpse of the questions. He proceeded by telling me if your right hand, does not support the left hand in washing themselves, the hand will remain dirty.

Mr Lecturer: Ijeoma I am more interested in your success than your failure. Both the success and the failure are in my hands. When you hear people graduate with a first class, we are the people behind those girls. How many boys do you see that graduate with a first class. So in your own personal interest, don’t feel too rigid. When you shake your body for me, I’ll make all things work for you.

Ijeoma: I knew what he was driving at; but I had to act fast. He stood up and started walking towards me. I was scared of failure, but I was more scared of starting an affair I wasn’t interested in. I stood up and moved to the door; he called me back and he grabbed me. I told him I haven’t been with a man before in my life, that I was a virgin. I pretended I was about crying, and he felt I was really naïve. In all surprise he left me. Told me to sit down and started the fatherly gist again.

Mr Lecturer: you see in life nobody knows where we would meet later in future: he turned the laptop to me, and gave me a biro and paper. I copied the questions one after the other as he warned nobody should see the questions he has given me.

 I folded the paper inside my bag and walked out of his office; it was an adventure worthwhile. I don’t know how he just believed I’ve not been with a man, and who told him he would be in my future.  As I walked out of his office, behind me on the corridor was Mr. Adewumi (my sociology lecturer). He stopped me and asked what I was doing in Mr. Osagie’s office. I told him he just explained a topic to me in introduction to political science. He frowned at me as he said; “I’ve told you to meet me when you have problems with any course, any course” you understand? I said yes as I hurriedly left his presence.

POL 101 was our first exams and I’ve studied all the questions Mr. Osagie gave me. I was fully a fan of him now. I know two courses I would not fail were Mr. Osagie, and Mr. Adewumi’s course. They both want me desperately, thus I could use my bottom power manipulate them to my success. Everyone’s identity card was checked as we were spread like we were writing exams for entrance into heaven. I got a seat where I would not be disturbed; I read the answers to myself one more time, as I walked to the back of the class to throw the sheets away. Mr Osagie walked towards me and I greeted him. He gave me a pat on my back like every other normal student. I smiled at him. The answer scripts were distributed first and instructions were given on where to write your Matric no, course code and title. Strict warning not to write your name on both question paper and answer scripts were repeated. All question papers were also distributed, and after a while we were told to open our question papers. To my utmost surprise none of the questions he showed me was in the examination questions… I looked at him and I saw the fool laughing at me …….

by Oluwole Ijasan

No comments:

Post a Comment